Dodder is a leafless, delicate, yellow-colored stem parasite seen entangled on shrubs. Dodder is used to treat urinary tract, spleen, psychiatric, and hepatic disorders. It is also used for cancer, depression, and pain. Dodder is used with a protein called whey for eczema (atopic dermatitis). Dodder contains chemicals that act like antioxidants. These chemicals might help to slow the growth of cancer cells and improve the health of the liver, the kidneys, and the nervous system. Early research shows that taking dodder helps to improve depression in people who are also taking antidepressant medication.
- Prevent skin cancer and skin aging.
- Protect the liver damage from agents.
- Helps with lower backpain.
- Helps eye floaters and ringing of ears.
- Help in treating bladder and spleen problem.
- Impover premature ejaculation and also increases sperm count, and increases sperm motility.
quercetin 3-O-beta-D-apiofuranosyl-(1–>2)-beta-D-galactoside, hyperoside, isorhamnetin, kaempferol, quercetin, d-sesamin and 9(R)-hydroxy-d-sesamin.
Dodder seed extract is natural and generally safe. The herb, however, is very powerful and each individual should take the correct dosage. No side effects have been reported, if the extract is taken as recommended by a physician.
Dodder might cause stomach pain in some people. It is recommended to avoid its use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.